How to Meal Prep in 30 Minutes




I used to be so intimidated at the thought of meal prepping my food.  Seeing people put their perfect little meals in perfect little containers kinda made my skin crawl, not gonna lie.  I thought that was only for super organized, over the top, overly prepared kinda people (aka NOT ME)!

Then, I came to a cross roads where I was always looking for something to eat and I realized meal prep would be the only way for me and my family to remain healthy.  So, I decided to try it.

For awhile it worked great, but after a few months I got kinda tired of cooking on the weekends.  I was trying to do WAY too much.  I was cooking overly complicated recipes and spending a lot of time in the kitchen which was NOT what I wanted to be doing.

Now, when I meal prep I know how to do it super efficiently in a quick way that doesn't keep me in the kitchen for more than 30 minutes or so.  Here's 3 examples of a few staple items I like to meal prep that would accomplish my goals of having healthy food in my fridge that I can eat any day AND do it quickly!  I cook almost every meal in bulk so that I have lots left to eat throughout the week.

1. Shredded Chicken

Shredded Chicken can literally be used for EVERYTHING.  You can throw it on top of a salad. You can throw it in a wrap. You can throw it on rice.  There's so many options!  And even better all you have to do to make it is boil chicken for 20 minutes, shred and store.

2. Roasted Sweet Potatoes

These are a staple in our house.  They go well with pretty much any meal or you can have them as a snack like my Sweet Potato Toast recipe you may have seen.  All you have to do to make it super fast is slice them in half, drizzle with olive oil and sea salt and roast them in the oven for about 30 minutes face down.

3. Roasted Veggies

This week I roasted zucchini but you can roast any veggies you like!  Simply slice them up, season with salt + pepper, I usually add a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil and put in the oven for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

and VOILA -

You have HEALTHY veggies, carbs and protein you can store for the whole week!

And that right there proves that meal prep doesn't have to be overwhelming, time consuming or stressful!  You can easily do it too!

Check out my "SIMPLE + HEALTHY MEALS FOR REAL MOMS COOKBOOK eBOOK" for more recipes the whole family will enjoy!

Are you a mom looking for more easy meal prep recipes, ideas and tips?  Check out my Body Back Bootcamp BETA Group!  Its a 4 week online program that helps moms with young kids just like you get fit + healthy without the guilt and stress!  Click here to learn more.



Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram