Healthy Breakfast Bowl



This has become my absolute favorite meal of my day! I created it out of inspiration from my favorite restaurant when we lived in Israel.  They served these amazing English breakfast bowls and while I was trying to think of a great dish to have in the morning I HAD to try and re-create it. I had been getting bored with the regular spinach and eggs and needed another combo to combine veggies + protein and this is what I came up with.  Our whole family LOVES them now!

Here's what you'll need to do beforehand...

To make this really simple and easy to make throughout the week I pre-prep several of the ingredients on the weekend including the beef, sweet potatoes and chop up the veggies.

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef or turkey cooked, seasoned with taco seasoning
2 eggs
Mixed veggies - I like green beans, bell peppers, onions and mushrooms but you can use whatever veggies you like.
1-4 sweet potatoes cubed, pre-roasted and seasoned with sea salt + pepper + 1-2 tsp grass fed butter 
1 tsp coconut oil

Directions:

Pre-heat pan to medium heat, add coconut oil then add your pre-chopped veggies.  Let veggies cook until onions are clear, season with sea salt + pepper.  Then add your already prepped sweet potatoes to the pan to re-heat for a few minutes.  

Set veggie dish aside.  In same pan add your ground beef or turkey to the pan, let heat for a few minutes.  Crack eggs on top of meat mixture and scramble.  Top veggies with the meat mixture, season with sea salt + pepper to taste.

If you follow the color coded portion control system this is 

1 yellow (sweet potatoes)
1 green (mixed veggies)
1 tsp (coconut oil)
2 reds (1 meat + 2 eggs)

For smaller portion you could do 1/2 container of meat and 1 egg or any other combo of those.

Check out my "SIMPLE + HEALTHY MEALS FOR REAL MOMS COOKBOOK eBOOK" for more great recipes the whole family will enjoy!

Enjoy!






Click here to start cooking SIMPLE + HEALTHY MEALS!

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram